Happy Friday to ya! Now that my two lovely co-workers have shared their favorite hair products, I'm SO excited to finally share with you MINE! My hair 4-1-1: It's long, naturally wavy, medium thickness, colored and highlighted. Without further ado, MY HAIR FAVES! Do you guys have any that you'd recommend? Would love to hear from you in the comments. I'm always on the lookout!
1. Bumble and Bumble "Does It All" Styling Spray, $27. I hear this on set ALL THE TIME: The best way to make hair hold and do what you want is "layering product." By the end of a shoot day, girls end up having the best hair of their lives because of the product that has been added and added. I really like this spray because it is lightweight and you can easily comb through it. I spritz it on each chunk of hair right after it comes out of the curling iron. It gives hair just a little extra texture because if hair is too silky, the curl will fall right out.
2. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner, $29.99 ea. I've tried so many shampoos over the years because I ALWAYS get tired of the same ones over and over. I am onto my second bottle of both the shampoo and conditioner because I love this one so much, and that NEVER happens. The shampoo has the perfect lather and the conditioner is the perfect amount of conditioning without weighing down my hair. And apparently it's super good for your hair as well, not having tons of additives and bad stuff.
3. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, $39. I know this is a bold statement, but this might be the most miracle product I've ever used (for my long hair.) It's on almost every set I work on, and hair and makeup people say it literally has revolutionized their jobs. It's marketed like a dry shampoo, but it's actually so much lighter than that. Sprayed on after you've finger-combed your curling iron curls, it looks vaguely like your hair is slightly windblown, but also like you have the most perfect beachy waves. I'm telling you, it's expensive but you will never regret buying it. Oh! And it smells DIVINE.
4. Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling Creme, $33.40. Moroccan Oil products never disappoint. The wonderful smell is enough to get me hooked, but I particularly love this creme for when I air dry my hair. It defines the waves and helps keep them frizz-free without them being crunchy. Did I mention the smell is to die for?
5. Bumble and Bumble Brown Hair Powder, $35. Ok, so Mama's been gettin' gray hairs since she was 17. No amount of de-stressing has slowed their roll, and now they are just multiplying like bunnies. Until I decide to go all Emmylou Harris with a full silvery mane, I use this brown hair powder to spritz on my roots between color jobs with Angelica at Style Kitchen.
6. Hot Tools Ceramic Curling Iron, 1 1/2" barrel, $44.99. It took me a really long time to learn the lesson that you have to pay a little money for good styling tools. I recently bought this curling iron, which heats up faster and is just all around better than the janky ones at the drugstore. The 1 1/2" is perfect for the curl that isn't so beauty-pageant-y.
Ok, there you have it!!! Our week (or so...) of our fave hair products is complete! Please tell us yours!