And then if my favorite HGTV personality and house blogger Emily Henderson didn't go and paint her guest room kelly green. Gah those Golden Girls curtains.
1. Essie "Mojito Madness" Nail Polish, Amazon, $4.20. Super fun. And apparently named after my last vacation.
2. BB Dakota A'Marie Shorts, Thompson Fifteen, $62. I love a pair of skorts for the melt your face off heat we've been experiencing. Not clingy! And these are long enough that you don't burn your buns on your leather seat after your car's been parked for 3 hours in said heat.
3. Doodles Pencil Necklace, Kate Spade, $78. Kate Spade is always good for a little whimsy and color. And think of all the jokes you could write down with a pen around your neck.
4. Dress with Asymmetrical Shoulder, Zara, $89.90. Not QUITE kelly, almost forest, but SO sophisticated for a dress you'd usually see in black.
5. Silk Elysian Dress, Madewell, $118. Dress this baby up or down with wedges or flats.
6. BAGGU Zipper Bags, BAGGU, $12. BAGGU makes tons of super durable bags, pouches, cases, you name it. And note how good that citron yellow looks with that kelly (Like this top.) Also, take this tote to Whole Foods and you'll be green in more ways than one. What? You'll make people green with envy. I'm stopping.
7. Singing Lessons Top, ModCloth, $37.99. Just a wee bit of green with that bow. I would wear this with high-waisted dark jeans and a messy bun.
8. Mini 5 Zip Clutch, Rebecca Minkoff, $195. One of the happiest purses alive.
Some colors that kelly green likes to pal around with:
CREAM! I know. Not a shocker. I just love her hair so I wanted to use this picture.
COBALT BLUE! Kelly green and cobalt blue are total besties.
PINK! Can go Lilly Pulitzer very quickly so make sure you keep the look a little funky and if you do patterns, probably don't do a floral.
LIGHT DENIM! This broken in jean jacket tempers the effect of the shirt. So chic.