I went a day without nail polish yesterday. I didn't feel like me the entire day. Turns out that when I decided I was going to be a person who always wears nail polish a couple years ago, I really stuck to it. The problem the other night when I went to my collection to do a polish change, however, was that there were way too many dark, rocker, 8 shades of almost black polish and hardly ANY springy choices to be found. I'm ready for my nails to come out of their depression, out of their Goth phase and into the light of spring. Here are a few shades I'm really loving right now...with some notes.
Do you have a favorite Spring color I should know about? We gotta share this stuff, people!
2. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Jaffa, $14, Beauty.com. I really like this brand of polish. My mother-in-law bought me some a while back. One of the things that's great about Butter London, is it doesn't have all the stuff in it that's going to seep into our nail beds and eventually kill us. I should totally do marketing for them, right? "Nail Polish That Won't Make You Die a Slow Painful Death". I'm good. And this melon-y, tangerine color is the first I'm going to buy this spring. One of my Nordstrom friends had it on the other day, and it is really great in person.
3. Cook MAC Nail Lacquer in Al Fredo, $16, MAC. This bright yellow is awesome, and a great way to bring some neon into your life. I've never used MAC polish though. Anyone have any experience with it?
4. Perfect Pink Nail Polish in Fuschia, $0.99, Forever 21. This junk is probably going to chip off one hour after putting it on for 99 cents, BUT I really do want a perfect fuschia polish this spring. Kinda like my favorite color from the Crayola 64 box when I was little: violet-red...which was tied with magenta.
5. OPI Nail Polish in My Boyfriend Scales Walls, $8, OPI.com. The OPI Spiderman collection is awesome. I really want ALL the colors, but I think that white polish is just so cool. Maybe even paint four nails one of these other colors and the ring finger nail white if ya don't wanna white out all your nails. Speaking of "White-Out", how many of you totally used white out to paint your nails when you were in, like, 6th grade? Please tell me it wasn't just me. Speaking of dying a slow death, that couldn't have been good for me.
6. Essie Nail Polish in Barefoot in Blue, $8, Essie.com. This color reminds me of Cinderella's dress. I want it so bad. This might be the perfect Spring blue. No lie.