|Salma Rabbit Fur Coat, Elizabeth and James, $1150|
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
|Large Racy Clutch, $395|
|Oversize Cheetah Haircalf M.A.C., $395|
|Small Boy Toy, $395|
Posted by Amber Lehman at 1:55 PM
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Not that Nine West isn't cute. It usually has a pair or two of shoes that I would say, hey, that's not your average black pump. But I feel like they have REALLY stepped it up this Fall. And since I know I have plenty of readers out there who love themselves a mall store (so do I--that's where the sales are!!), I thought I would point out my favorite 9West buys for FALL!!!
1. Unmixed high-heel loafer, $109. So boyishly cool, totally 70's, and in for fall. These guys with a pair of teal or burgundy tights are right in line with some of the rich tones that are on their way.
2. Inthedirt mid-calf boot by Karen Elson, $249. You cannot go wrong with a flat boot. I mean, ever. This one looks legitimately straight off miles on the road guitar-teching for a band. (sidenote: only someone from Nashville would write "guitar-teching" in a blog post.) Speaking of Nashville, Karen Elson lives here, she's a super-model and she has curated a beautiful collection for 9West. There are so many more great ones besides this legit boot.
3. Mavenue platform bootie, $149. One of the biggest trends for fall is the stacked heel bootie. This one would be so perfect with a vintage midi skirt, slouchy sweater and wide-brim fedora.
4. Layla boot by Giles Deacon, $149. This is the standout piece from British fashion designer Giles Deacon's collection for Nine West. I've been drooling over this bootie for months now. It's finally in stores, but only 12 nationwide, so you may be better off snagging them online.
5. Frederica evening pump, $109. This shoe looks so designer-y. I could see this shoe in a box of red-carpet loaner shoes from a much more high-end designer. Hey, with all the events (err, friends' weddings) bound to adorn your calendar this fall, well, you need these red-carpet look-alikes.
6. The Ghost platform by Karen Elson, $149. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH my gosh. This shoe K-I-L-L-S me. This would look so amazing, with, oh, everything. Gym shorts? Yep, those too.
5. Nathania satin peep-toe pump, $89. This shoe is so hot. Picture this: holiday party, a festive beverage, little black dress, these shoes...as the Pistol Annies (see below) would say, you're "hell on heels." (FYI: also comes in grey and black, perhaps more "dinner with the in-laws" colors.)