Wednesday, June 30, 2010
The process that goes into picking a red carpet dress is a fun and stressful one. I have my opinions, the artist has theirs, the label has one and on down the line. I really fought hard for this dress especially because I thought it was the clear winner, whereas normally, most red carpet dresses are good. You just go with the consensus. I mean, it's sorta hard to mess up (but people do it ALL THE TIME) because they're expensive and yummy and gorge. What's hard though is getting a "Best Dressed." It has to be just the right combo of edgy and stand-outish without being Lil' Kim. And Meg's most certainly was. Here's People Country from this month with the ACM's Best Dresses!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I am addicted to stripes. And a particularly fun stripe-combo usually reserved for peppermint Christmas treats is my current obsession--red and white Toms! As much grey and black as I have in my wardrobe (even in the summer) I gotta brighten up somewhere. Soooo, It's Christmas On My Feet! It's also Christmas to some child somewhere who's getting their own pair when you buy the Toms below. I hear the wedges are walk-around-all-dayable too ;-). In town, both these are in stock at Nashville Clothing Company. Love the folks over there. Doing their part, that's for sure.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Reasons You Need This Shoe:
1. From the horse's mouth, my artist Joanna Smith says they are the most comfortable shoes she's ever performed in. If she can dance around for an hour on stage in them, I guarantee you can wear them out to dinner or to the mall.
2. They are a nude colored leather, which when you're wearing shorts or skirts will serve to make your foot "disappear" and therefore make your legs look longer.
3. They will match just about anything.
4. If you're like me, you're always looking for a more unassuming heel. You don't wanna be wearing spiked stilettos when it's 94 outside with your sundress. Enter: the wedge.
5. Made by Sam Edelman, who we love.
6. They're on sale at Zappos. com!
7. It's Friday!
8. You just do.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Her dress: Nicole Miller
Her necklace: Suzanna Dai
Her ring: Virgins, Saints, and Angels
His jacket: I.AM by Will I. Am
Here's Steel Magnolia in their red carpet and performance outfits! I mean, how CUTE are they??!!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
If you were ever wanting to buy a really nice, cool, fairly-timeless-but-a-little-hip bag, Rebecca Minkoff is the one for you. And she's having an online sale starting tomorrow!!! Yay for leather! Yay for bags!